6. Photographing the night sky: where to go from here
Quick tips if you want more from your sky photos
1. use a tracker: a sky tracker is a little gear that allows your camera to follow star movements across the sky. This means that you can decrease the shutter speed and have exposure times of tens of seconds or even minutes. This improves your images dramatically.
There are lots of tracker models, for example
2. use flat e darkflat frames to remove vignetting and other issues, http://starcircleacademy.com/2013/07/flat-frames/
3. Learn how to get the best from Startools: this software is amazing, read the module documentation to use it at its best
4. a giant step ahead: if you really want to go big, buy a equatorial mount … but this is a completely different story 🙂